Seats left: 92
Continuous Integration and Delivery for Kubernetes
When using Kubernetes on IBM, you can benefit from CI/CD toolchain that is pre-integrated with your Kubernetes cluster. Such toolchain fully automates your application's deployment, thus significantly reduces the workload of DevOps people. Today, you will learn how to create and configure an open toolchain, then use it to set up automatic deployment of a simple Chat web app in Kubernetes cluster on IBM Cloud.
Date: Wednesday, October 20 from 16:00 to 17:30 Central European Time
This session is part of the IBM Developer Festival, day 3
DevOps practices we will show and use today include Git repository and continuous build. We will create a Kubernetes cluster and its pre-integrated toolchain. The toolchain will use our Git repo to automatically build our app's artifacts, check for vulnerabilities to build a secure container and deploy the app to Kubernetes cluster. No need for us to create Kubernetes objects such as pods, services, deployment or Ingress, the toolchain does all that work. When we want to update our app, all we need to do is commit changes to the Git repo and the toolchain will do the rest.
Workshop format: technical presentation, demo and hands-on exercises.
Access materials: https://ibm.biz/toolchain-iks-workshop
Speaker: Aco Vidovic, Hybrid Cloud Build Team Leader, IBM Central & Eastern Europe
Audience: software developers, Kubernetes admins, DevOps
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Toolchains on IBM Cloud
- Integrating Toolchain with IBM Kubernetes Service (IKS)
- Configuring Toolchain for your needs
- Create and setup a free Kubernetes cluster on IBM Cloud
- Integrate your Kubernetes cluster with IBM ToolChain
- Automatic integration and deployment of the demo Chat app to IKS
- Update the active app on the fly by making changes to source code only
- Hands-on exercises: you will have opportunity to do everything we showed in the demo
Prerequisites for attendees:
- basic understanding of Docker and Kubernetes technologies: images, registries, containers, pods, deployments, services.
- basic understanding of key Git commands: push, commit, fork
- you will use your laptops to perform exercises
- have IBM Cloud account. If you don't have it yet, you can create it for free at cloud.ibm.com/registration
Location: this is an online workshop. Participants and instructors will communicate via WebEx video conference.
Registration: to register at this workshop, you must be logged in at this web site using the menu option Login. If you don't have a user ID at this web site yet, create it by clicking on Login, then Sign up (link at the bottom), then check your mailbox to verify your new user ID. Then return to this page and register to the workshop by clicking the Register button at the bottom. You can always see the workshops you are registered at, using the menu option My events. Your registration is confirmed when you receive an e-mail with the link to the WebEx video conference. This confirmation e-mail will be sent at least three days before the workshop or earlier.
Price: this workshop is free of charge for all who register at this web site.
Please Login to register in this event!